Thank you, Toni ( TheHappyHousewife.com )for providing the perfect way to share our 2010 goals. I’ve been giving mine a lot of thought, had even started a blog post earlier in the week, but could never quite pull it together.
2010 To-Do List & Wishful Thinking
Well, I just printed the Motivated Moms Chore Planner that I purchased last week. Now I need to get a binder out of my storage cabinet & do the hole-punching. That’s one down….
…and oh, so many more to go…
• Aside from participating with Mom’s Toolbox in reading the Bible in 90 days, I will continue to pray and consider completing a Bible Studies degree.
• Blogging after church on Sunday’s about the sermon, not as a critic, but to dig deeper into the message and God’s Word.
• Continue to study & teach on Godly character traits
• Discovering how to use the talents/skills God gave me to His glory
Books to Read (or finish)
• Wild at Heart: Discovering the Secret of a Man’s Soul by John Eldridge
• The Successful Homeschool Family Handbook by Dr. Raymond & Dorothy Moore
• 401 Ways to Get Your Kids to Work at Home by Bonnie Runyan McCullough & Susan Walker Monson
• Developing a blog schedule
• Being consistent in blogging
• Deciding whether to move to a domain
• Re-design the blog layout
• Continuing to declutter & prevent new clutter throughout the house
• Cleaning out & reorganizing the shed
• Remodeling the Master Bath
• Keep the mudroom from becoming the clutter storage zone
• Donating the dresser I’ve used for storage in the mudroom & installing a more functional storage base cabinet
• Keep striving for the goal of being debt-free
• Maintaining a grocery savings/spending log
• Continuing to be diligent in meal planning, couponing, & stockpiling.
Home Education/Life Skills Training
• Fostering more personal study interests
• Learning more about the learning styles & educational needs of each child
• Do more ‘school’ through game playing
• Purposing to speak more softly & directly to my children
• Allowing God to use me
• Putting my structure in my day
• Starting & maintaining a Gratitude Journal
• Trusting God in ALL things!
There’s probably a ton of other things I could/should add to this list, but this will suffice for my post. My New Year’s Day is already full of things to tackle since the past two weeks have been a serious deviation from the norm. I suppose, though, we all did need a break. But, now, I have to get everything back on track…and I have to start with all of my stuff that I have let slide.
I can’t wait to see & be encouraged by what everyone else has planned for their year too.